PRIVACY AND SECURITY MEASURES POLICY
May 1, 2016
At Drugmart.com™, safeguarding your confidentiality and protecting your personal information is of the utmost importance. In fact, we are committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by applicable laws. As part of this commitment, we have implemented ten (10) privacy guidelines to govern our actions as they relate to the use of your personal information (collectively, the "Privacy Guidelines"). The Privacy Guidelines are as follows:
- Guideline 1 - Accountability. We are responsible for maintaining and protecting any personal information under our control. In fulfilling this mandate, we have designated an individual who is accountable for Drugmart.com™ compliance with the Privacy Guidelines.
- Guideline 2 - Identifying Purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected from the customer or the customer’s authorized agent.
- Guideline 3 - Consent. The knowledge and consent of the customer is required for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information except where such collection, use and/or disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law.
- Guideline 4 - Limiting Collection. The personal information collected must be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by Drugmart.com™ Personal information must be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Guideline 5 - Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the customer has otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by applicable law. Personal information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Guideline 6 - Accuracy. Personal information must be maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Guideline 7 - Safeguarding Personal Information. Personal information must be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information.
- Guideline 8 - Openness. Drugmart.com™ is required to make information available to customers concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of their personal information.
- Guideline 9 - Customer Access. Upon request, a customer shall be informed of the existence, use and/or disclosure of their personal information, and shall be given access to it. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Guideline 10 - Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions. Customers may direct any questions or enquires with respect to the Privacy Guidelines or about our practices by contacting the designated person accountable for privacy at Drugmart.com™:
Attention: Privacy Officer - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The guidelines below set forth the principles Drugmart.com™ follows in gathering, using, maintaining and protecting the personal information customers provide us.
The Types Of Personal Information We Collect
Drugmart.com™ gathers and uses any information that is necessary for providing service and arranging to fill your orders through our contracted pharmacies and government approved dispensaries. It typically includes the following personal information: name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), occupation, employment status, referral source, the name of your primary physician (and his or her contact information), age, height, weight, sex, date of birth, the existence and types of drug allergies, medications requested, family medical history information, your personal medical history information, details of your existing medications, credit card information (including card type and number, expiry date and name of card holder) and prescription information. The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours. However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit the products and services Drugmart.com™ and/or its contracted pharmacies and/or government approved dispensaries are able to provide. If Drugmart.com™ and/or its contracted pharmacies and/or government approved dispensaries are unable to accommodate your request based on the personal information that has been provided, it may ask for additional details in order to identify other ways to be of assistance. Drugmart.com™ may also maintain a file containing contact history that is used for customer inquiry purposes. Finally, Drugmart.com™ may collect anonymous/non-personal information. Anonymous/non-personal information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific individual or business entity.
The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information
Drugmart.com™ uses personal information to communicate with you, enhance your visit to its website, and ensure that its contracted pharmacies and/ government approved dispensing facilities effectively provide the products and services you have requested. As your authorized agent, we provide your personal information to a Canadian physician to review and approve your prescription, if required by applicable law. In the event that the Canadian physician believes that the prescription is not in the best interests of your health, the prescription will not be filled.
Drugmart.com™ may use personal information to offer additional products and services sold by our contracted pharmacies and government approved dispensing facilities. In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Drugmart.com™, records containing personal information may be transferred to the purchaser. We will not furnish personal information to an outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation, without your prior consent.
Drugmart.com™ only uses personal information for the purposes that it has disclosed to you. If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose, Drugmart.com™ will notify you and ask you for your consent before proceeding. In some instances, such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. However, only the information specifically requested will be disclosed to these authorities. In addition, we take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
Finally, there are some situations where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to collect a delinquent account, a medical emergency and/or suspicion of illegal activities.
Drugmart.com™ uses current technologies and maintains security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse. All safety and security measures are also appropriate to the sensitivity level of your personal information. Electronic client files are kept in a secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in restricted access areas. Drugmart.com™ manages its server environment appropriately and its firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to.
In the course of daily operations, Drugmart.com™ attempts to restrict access to personal information to only authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing it. As a condition of their employment, all employees of Drugmart.com™ are required to abide by the privacy standards we have established and to follow all applicable laws and regulations. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of personal information by an employee of Drugmart.com™ is strictly prohibited. To be clear: all employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times (ie. failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal).
Cookies are used by this website. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow). Cookies enable the website or service providers to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Accessing And Amending Your Personal Information
Decisions are often made based on the personal information Drugmart.com™ has in its possession. Therefore, it is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. As a customer, you have the right to access, verify and amend the personal information held in your personal and financial files.
To help Drugmart.com™ keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to amend inaccuracies and make corrections as often as necessary. Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. Should you identify any incorrect or out-of-date personal information in your file(s), Drugmart.com™ will make the proper change(s) and provide you with a copy of the corrected personal information, if requested. Where appropriate, Drugmart.com™ will communicate these changes to other parties who may have unintentionally received this incorrect personal information.
Customers may direct any questions or Inquires with respect to our practices or your personal information by contacting our privacy officer, as follows:
Attention: Privacy Manager