Vantas (Histrelin Acetate)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Histrelin Acetate Information
(his trel' in)
Before receiving histrelin implant,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to histrelin, goserelin (Zoladex), leuprolide (Eligard, Lupron), nafarelin (Synarel), triptorelin (Trelstar), anesthetics such as lidocaine (Xylocaine), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in histrelin implant. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes, cancer that has spread to the spine (backbone), urinary obstruction (blockage that causes difficulty urinating), or heart disease.
- you should know that histrelin is not to be used in women who are pregnant or can become pregnant. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you think you have become pregnant while receiving histrelin implant, call your doctor immediately. Histrelin implant can harm the fetus.
- bruising, soreness, tingling, or itching at the place where implant was inserted
- scarring at the place where implant was inserted
- hot flashes (a sudden wave of mild or intense body heat)
- light vaginal bleeding in girls
- enlarged breasts
- decrease in size of testicles
- decreased sexual ability
- pain, bleeding, swelling, or redness at the place where implant was inserted
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- bone pain
- weakness in or not able to move legs
- pain, burning, or tingling in an arm or leg
- slow or difficult speech
- dizziness or fainting
- chest pain
- pain in the arms, back, neck, or jaw
- painful or difficult urination
- blood in urine
- decreased urination
- frequent urination
- extreme thirst
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
- breath that smells fruity
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- extreme tiredness
- loss of appetite
- pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- flu-like symptoms