Aricept (Donepezil Hydrochloride)
Prescription required. May be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Generic equivalents for Aricept... What are generics?
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Donepezil Hydrochloride Information
(doe nep' e zil)
Before taking donepezil,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to donepezil, any piperidine medications, any other medications, any of the ingredients in donepezil tablets or orally disintegrating tablets. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you do not know if a medication that you are allergic to is a piperidine medication. Ask your pharmacist or check the manufacturer's patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: antihistamines; aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn); bethanechol (Duvoid, Urecholine); carbamazepine (Tegretol); dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexone); ipratropium (Atrovent); ketoconazole (Nizoral); medications for glaucoma, irritable bowel disease, motion sickness, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, ulcers, or urinary problems; phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton); phenytoin (Dilantin); quinidine (Quinidex); and rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you weigh less than 120 lb (55 kg) and if you have or have ever had bleeding in your stomach or intestines; an ulcer; irregular, slow, or fast heartbeat, seizures; difficulty urinating; asthma;chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a group of lung disease including chronic bronchitis or emphysema); or kidney, liver, or heart disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking donepezil, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking donepezil.
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- frequent urination
- difficulty controlling urination
- muscle cramps
- joint pain, swelling, or stiffness
- excessive tiredness
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- changes in behavior or mood
- hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- abnormal dreams
- red, scaling, itchy skin
- slow heartbeat
- chest pain
- new or worsening breathing problems
- new or worsening stomach pain or heartburn
- black or tarry stools
- red blood in stools
- bloody vomit
- vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- difficulty urinating or pain when urinating
- lower back pain
- discoloration or bruising of the skin