Megace (Megestrol Acetate)
(℞) Prescription required. May be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom.
Generic equivalents for Megace... What are generics?
Megestrol Acetate (℞)
(℞) Prescription required. May be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Megestrol Acetate Information
(me jes' trol)
Before taking megestrol,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to megestrol, any other medications, or any of the inactive ingredients in megestrol tablets, suspension, or concentrated suspension. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for a list of the inactive ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention antibiotics, indinavir (Crixivan), and warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven). Your doctor may need to adjust the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a blood clot anywhere in the body, a stroke, diabetes, or kidney or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking megestrol, call your doctor immediately. Megestrol may harm the fetus. Do not breastfeed while you are taking megestrol.
- talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking megestrol if you are 65 years of age or older. Older adults should not usually take megestrol to treat loss of appetite and weight loss.
- you should know that megestrol may interfere with the normal menstrual cycle (period) in women. However, you should not assume that you cannot become pregnant. Use a reliable method of birth control to prevent pregnancy.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, during or shortly after your treatment, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking megestrol.
- decreased sexual desire
- unexpected vaginal bleeding
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- blurred vision
- extreme thirst
- frequent urination
- extreme hunger
- leg pain
- difficulty breathing
- sharp, crushing chest pain or heaviness in chest
- slow or difficult speech
- weakness or numbness of an arm or leg