Hiprex (Methenamine Hippurate)
Prescription required. May be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Methenamine Hippurate Information
(meth en' a meen)
Before taking methenamine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to methenamine, aspirin, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially antacids, sulfamethizole, diuretics ('water pills'), and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking methenamine, call your doctor.
- upset stomach
- stomach cramps
- loss of appetite
- skin rash
- itching (allergic reaction)