Prescription required. May be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom. Azulfidine is also marketed internationally under the name Salazopyrin.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(sul fa sal' a zeen)
Before taking sulfasalazine,
- tell your doctor if you are allergic to sulfasalazine, sulfapyridine, aspirin, choline magnesium trisalicylate (Triosal, Trilisate), choline salicylate (Arthropan), mesalamine (Asacol, Pentasa, Rowasa), salsalate (Argesic-SA, Disalcid, Salgesic, others), sulfa drugs, trisalicylate (Tricosal, Trilisate),or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially digoxin (Lanoxin), folic acid, and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had asthma, kidney or liver disease, porphyria, blood problems, or blockage in your intestine or urinary tract.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking sulfasalazine, call your doctor.
- plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Sulfasalazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- loss of appetite
- upset stomach
- stomach pain
- skin rash
- sore throat
- joint or muscle aches
- pale or yellow skin
- difficulty swallowing
- unusual bleeding or bruising