If you are like most Americans, knowing how to save on prescriptions is of the utmost importance. Did you know that prescription drugs are more expensive in the U.S. than anywhere else in the world? In fact, Americans are paying more per capita for medication than any other industrialized nation. It’s no wonder that one in ten senior citizens says it is “very difficult” to afford their prescriptions, even if they have health insurance.
So, what are the best methods for saving money on prescription drugs? Drugmart.com is here to help. This article will share seven cost-cutting ways to save on prescriptions.
7 Easy Ways To Save On Prescriptions
After you learn how to save on prescriptions, you won’t believe you ever paid full price. From finding discounts to generic alternatives, here are seven of the best ways to save money on prescriptions.
- Consider generics – The easiest way to save on prescription costs is to opt for generics, if available. They provide the same active ingredients as brand-name drugs without the designer retail price tags.
- Sign up for a 90-day supply via home delivery – Ask your insurance company if they or their Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) can fill prescriptions for three months instead of one. They will normally only charge you one copay. In addition to being a great way to save on prescriptions, this is also more convenient because they will ship right to your door.
- Split pills – You may be able to receive two months’ worth of pills for the price of one by getting your pills in higher doses and cutting them into the correct dose. Be sure to check the product description as not all drugs come in a form that can be split.
- Use discounts – You might be surprised at the varied discounts available for saving money on prescription drugs. Pharmacy savings cards, manufacturer coupons and store loyalty cards are great ways to save on prescriptions that require virtually no effort — you just have to know where to look.
- Switch prescriptions – A pill that has been on the market for a few years might work just as well as its newer counterparts but cost substantially less. Ask your doctor if a similar, less costly drug is available before you fill your prescription.
- Compare prices – Prices vary wildly between major pharmacies, grocery stores and online pharmacies. Comparing prices can really save on a prescription’s cost because certain medications may be available for less money (or even free), depending on where you shop.
- Shop online with Drugmart.com – Drugmart.com is a Canadian pharmacy referral service that connects reputable pharmacies with customers looking for ways to save on prescriptions.
Save On Prescriptions for Maintenance Drugs
Routine medications are a significant expense. If you need prescription medications every month for things like high blood pressure or birth control, or you need to take multiple medications for a serious health condition, you are probably wondering how to save on prescriptions to reduce your monthly expenses.
You might try to save on prescription drugs by skipping doses or using a pill splitter to make medication go further. These will save you money but can have serious health consequences. Some people qualify for prescription assistance programs, but unfortunately, many struggle to pay for their drugs who don’t qualify and really need to save on prescriptions.
For one-time medications or those you need immediately, shop at an in-network retail pharmacy and make sure the drug is part of your plan’s formulary to save on prescription drugs.
How To Get Discounts on Prescriptions With Drugmart.Com
Shopping with Drugmart.com for personal importation of medications is one of the easiest ways to save on prescriptions. We contract with trusted pharmacies in Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia to source safe medications at discounted prices. Once you have your prescription, you will save on prescription drugs with just a few clicks — no trip to the pharmacy counter needed!
Here’s How To Save on Prescriptions at Drugmart.com:
- Create an account.
- Choose your prescription drug.
- Submit a copy of your prescription.
- Answer a brief questionnaire.
- Enjoy saving money on prescription drugs!
We are a certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA), so you can be sure that drug quality and patient safety are our top priorities.
Save on Prescriptions Now With Drugmart.com
Saving money on prescription drugs is easy with Drugmart.com! Whether you need to save on prescriptions for yourself or want to find discounted pet medicine, we’ll help you save on prescription costs for the whole family. Contact us with any questions and start saving today!