Intal Inhaler (Cromolyn Sodium)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Cromolyn Sodium Information
(kroe' moe lin)
- Remove one vial of cromolyn solution from the foil pouch. Leave the rest of the vials in the pouch until you are ready to use them.
- Look at the liquid in the vial. It should be clear and colorless. Do not use the vial if the liquid is cloudy or discolored.
- Twist off the top of the vial and squeeze all of the liquid into the nebulizer reservoir. If you are using your nebulizer to inhale other medications, ask your doctor or pharmacist if you can place the other medications in the reservoir along with cromolyn.
- Connect the nebulizer reservoir to the mouthpiece or face mask.
- Connect the nebulizer to the compressor.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth or put on the face mask. Sit in an upright, comfortable position and turn on the compressor.
- Breathe in calmly, deeply, and evenly for about 5 to 10 minutes until mist stops forming in the nebulizer chamber.
- Clean your nebulizer regularly. Follow the manufacturer's directions carefully and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about cleaning your nebulizer.
Before using cromolyn,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cromolyn, any other drugs, or any of the ingredients in cromolyn nebulizer solution. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products you are taking or planning to take .
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while using cromolyn, call your doctor.
- sore throat
- bad taste in the mouth
- stomach pain
- stuffy nose
- itching or burning nasal passages
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- swelling of the face, tongue, throat, or lips