Lyclear Dermal (℞)
(℞) Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom. Elimite is also marketed internationally under the name Lyclear Dermal.
Generic equivalents for Elimite... What are generics?
(℞) Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(per meth' rin)
- Apply a thin layer of cream all over your skin from your neck down to your toes (including the soles of your feet). Be careful to apply cream in all skins folds, such as between your toes and fingers or around your waist or buttocks.
- For treatment of babies or adults over 65 years of age, the cream should also be applied to the scalp or hairline, temples, and forehead.
- You may need to use all of the cream in the tube to cover your body.
- Leave the cream on your skin for 8-14 hours.
- After 8-14 hours have passed, wash off the cream by bathing or showering.
- Your skin may be itchy after treatment with permethrin cream. This does not mean your treatment did not work. If you see live mites 14 days or more after treatment, then you will need to repeat the treatment process.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with water. Do not use a conditioner or a shampoo that contains a conditioner because your treatment will not work as well.
- Dry your hair with a towel until just damp.
- Shake permethrin lotion well right before use to mix the medication evenly.
- Use a towel to cover your face and eyes. Be sure to keep your eyes closed during this treatment. You may need to have an adult help you apply the lotion.
- Apply permethrin lotion to your hair and scalp area. Begin to apply the lotion behind your ears and at the back of your neck and then cover all of the hair on your head and scalp.
- Keep the lotion on your hair and scalp for 10 minutes after you finish applying permethrin lotion. You should use a timer or clock to track the time.
- Rinse your hair and scalp with warm water in a sink. You should not use a shower or bathtub to rinse the lotion away because you do not want to get the lotion over the rest of your body.
- Dry your hair with a towel and comb out tangles.
- You and anyone who helped you apply the lotion should wash your hands carefully after the application and rinsing steps.
- A lice comb may also be used to remove the dead lice and nits (empty egg shells) after this treatment. You may also need to have an adult help you to do this.
- If you see live lice on your head 7 days or more after treatment, repeat this entire process.
Before using permethrin,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to permethrin, pyrethrins (A-200, Licide, Pronto, RID), ragweed, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in permethrin cream or lotion. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had skin conditions or sensitivities.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using permethrin, call your doctor.
- itching of skin or scalp area
- redness of skin or scalp area
- numbness or tingling of the skin
- trouble breathing
- continued irritation of the skin or scalp area
- infected or pus filled areas of the skin or scalp area